Beef and Blue Flatbread
The perfect pairing for this Wine Wednesday? Look no further.
With weather this nice, any day can become a party.
This Beef and Blue Flatbread is the perfect appetizer for a last minute Wine Wednesday, and will accentuate the smoky finish of a rich Malbec.
Guests coming at 7, but you’re not leaving the office til 6?
Ready in under 20 minutes this delicious appetizer will leave your guests raving, and give you time to pour yourself a glass before company arrives.
1/2 of a medium red onion, cut into thin slivers
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 flatbread shell
8 ounces thinly sliced cooked roast beef
1 small sweet pepper, seeded and chopped
4 ounces crumbled blue cheese
1/4 teaspoon pizza seasoning (optional)
- Position oven rack in center of oven and preheat to 425.
- In large skillet cook onion in 1 tablespoon of the olive oil over medium-high heat for 3 to 5 minutes, or until onion is just tender.
- Place bread shell on baking sheet, brush with remaining tablespoon of olive oil, and bake 5 minutes.
- While bread shell is baking, stack beef slices on cutting board and slice into strips.
- Then top shell with beef, sweet pepper, onion, cheese, and pizza seasoning.
- Change oven setting to broil.
- Broil pizza 4 to 5 minutes, or until toppings are heated through and crust is browned.
- Cut in wedges, and pair with a glass of the Malbec of your choice.